The Resource Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver
Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver
The item Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver represents a specific, individual, material embodiment of a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Arapahoe Library District.This item is available to borrow from all library branches.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The item Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver represents a specific, individual, material embodiment of a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Arapahoe Library District.
This item is available to borrow from all library branches.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- Pigs in heaven
- Pigs in heaven
- Statement of responsibility
- by Barbara Kingsolver
- When a six-year-old child named Turtle is the sole witness to a freak accident at the Hoover Dam, she and her adoptive mother Taylor have a moment of celebrity that will change their lives forever. Turtle is claimed by Annawake Fourkiller, a Cherokee activist, to have been wrongly taken from the Cherokee nation. Fear of losing Turtle sends Taylor fleeing across the country with her mother Alice, pursued by Annawake. In the course of their journey, the three find love and wisdom in surprising places
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction, 1993.
- Western Heritage Award for Outstanding Western Novel, 1994.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
- Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Also published as HarperPerennial, 1994; and HarperPaperbacks, 1999
- Reissued in Perennial, 2003
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- 1st ed.
- 343 p.
- trueAdoptive mothers
- trueCherokee Indians -- Oklahoma
- trueCherokee girls
- trueDomestic fiction
- trueLove stories
- trueMainstream fiction
- trueNative American women lawyers -- Oklahoma
- trueSelf-acceptance in women
- trueSingle mothers
- trueSix-year-old girls
- trueWomen's lives and relationships
Arapahoe Library DistrictBorrow it12855 E Adam Aircraft Circle, Englewood, CO, 8011239.578124 -104.839077
Castlewood LibraryBorrow it6739 South Uinta Street, Centennial, CO, 8011239.594664 -104.894003
Davies LibraryBorrow it303 Third Avenue, Deer Trail, CO, 8010539.611227 -104.042075
Kelver LibraryBorrow it404 East Front Street, Byers, CO, 8010339.708307 -104.218269
Koelbel LibraryBorrow it5955 South Holly Street, Centennial, CO, 8012139.608933 -104.923621
May LibraryBorrow it1471 South Parker Road, Denver, CO, 8023139.689929 -104.891306
Sheridan LibraryBorrow it3425 West Oxford Avenue, Denver, CO, 8023639.642287 -105.031003
Smoky Hill LibraryBorrow it5430 South Biscay Circle, Centennial, CO, 8001539.618093 -104.767532
Southglenn LibraryBorrow it6972 South Vine Street, Centennial, CO, 8012239.590567 -104.963761
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Item Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/portal/Pigs-in-heaven-by-Barbara-Kingsolver/djUbSImCMnk/" typeof="Book http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Item"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/portal/Pigs-in-heaven-by-Barbara-Kingsolver/djUbSImCMnk/">Pigs in heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>