The Resource The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
- The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
- Statement of responsibility
- Sherman Alexie
- trueIndian reservations
- trueEmotions in teenagers
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueTeenage cartoonists
- trueElectronic books
- Race relations -- Fiction
- trueRace relations
- trueWashington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction
- trueIllustrated books
- truePacific Northwest fiction
- trueSpokane Indians
- trueNative American teenage boys
- trueComing-of-age stories
- trueHigh schools
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- Indians of North America -- Washington (State) -- Fiction
- trueDiary novels
- Diary fiction
- In his first book for young adults, bestselling author Sherman Alexie tells the story of Junior, a budding cartoonist growing up on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Determined to take his future into his own hands, Junior leaves his troubled school on the rez to attend an all-white farm town high school where the only other Indian is the school mascot
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2008.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2010.
- Delaware Diamonds (book award), High School, 2009.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2009.
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 2007.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2007
- School Library Journal Best Books: 2007
- YALSA Outstanding Books for the College Bound - History and Cultures: 2009
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2010
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/1iEb-i8R-sY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/1iEb-i8R-sY/">The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>