The Resource Out of my mind
- Out of my mind
- Statement of responsibility
- Sharon M. Draper
- Children with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Prejudices in children -- Juvenile fiction
- People with disabilities -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations
- Gifted children
- Cerebral palsy -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCerebral palsy
- trueElectronic books
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Eleven-year-old girls -- Fiction
- trueGirls with disabilities
- trueEleven-year-old girls
- Communication -- Juvenile fiction
- Photographic memory -- Fiction
- Prejudices in children
- Children with disabilities
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Cerebral palsy
- Gifted children -- Juvenile fiction
- Genius -- Juvenile fiction
- truePeople with disabilities
- People with disabilities
- Juvenile works
- Girls with disabilities -- Fiction
- Genius -- Fiction
- Cerebral palsy -- Fiction
- Synesthesia -- Juvenile fiction
- Communication -- Fiction
- Fifth-graders -- Fiction
- truePhotographic memory
- "Eleven-year-old Melody has a photographic memory. Her head is like a video camera that is always recording. Always. And there's no delete button. She's the smartest kid in her whole school--but no one knows it. Most people--her teachers and doctors included--don't think she's capable of learning, and up until recently her school days consisted of listening to the same preschool-level alphabet lessons again and again and again. If only she could speak up, if only she could tell people what she thinks and knows ... but she can't, because Melody can't talk. She can't walk. She can't write." "Being stuck inside her head is making Melody go out of her mind--that is, until she discovers something that will allow her to speak for the first time ever. At last Melody has a voice ... but not everyone around her is ready to hear it."--Book Jacket
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2012.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2012.
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2013.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2011.
- California Young Reader Medal, Middle School, 2013.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2013.
- Josette Frank Award, 2011.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2013.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2013.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2014.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2014.
- Parents' Choice Award for Fiction, 2010.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2013.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2013.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2012.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2012.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2013.
- Awards note
- Bank Street College: Josette Frank Award, 2011.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 10 up
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Out of my mind
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Out of my mind
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/2CckgBW11rM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/2CckgBW11rM/">Out of my mind</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>