The Resource Loser
- Statement of responsibility
- Jerry Spinelli
- Self-acceptance -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- trueLosers (Persons)
- Junior fiction
- Young adult fiction
- trueOptimism in boys
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Family life -- Juvenile fiction
- truePerception in children
- trueClumsiness in boys
- From the Publisher: Just like other kids, Zinkoff rides his bike, hopes for snow days, and wants to be like his dad when he grows up. But Zinkoff also raises his hand with all the wrong answers, trips over his own feet, and falls down with laughter over a word like "Jabip." Other kids have their own word to describe him, but Zinkoff is too busy to hear it. He doesn't know he's not like everyone else. And one winter night, Zinkoff's differences show that any name can someday become "hero."
- Garden State Children's Book Award (New Jersey), Children's Fiction, 2005.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2005.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 4-5, 2004.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2005.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2005.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2004.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2004.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2005.
- Awards note
- Charlie May Simon 2004/05 Award.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Middle School
- Intended audience source
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Loser
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Loser
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/2xs7PCZWK0U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/2xs7PCZWK0U/">Loser</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>