The Resource The lightning thief
- The lightning thief
- Statement of responsibility
- Rick Riordan
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction
- truePreteen boys
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueNew York City
- trueMythological fiction
- trueTwelve-year-old boys
- Camps -- Fiction
- trueElectronic books
- trueBoys with ADHD
- Hades, (Greek deity) -- Fiction
- trueBoy adventurers
- trueLos Angeles, California
- trueJackson, Percy (Fictitious character)
- trueFirst person narratives
- Poseidon, (Greek deity) -- Fiction
- Friendship -- Fiction
- truePoseidon (Greek deity)
- trueGods and goddesses, Greek
- Mythology, Greek -- Fiction
- trueZeus (Greek deity)
- trueBooks to movies
- Zeus, (Greek deity) -- Fiction
- Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school . . . again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus's stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves. This deluxe edition of the internationally best-selling first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, lavishly illustrated by series artist John Rocco, is a must-have for Riordan fans
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2006
- Beehive Young Adult Book Award (Utah), 2007.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Older Reader, 2011.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2009.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Young Adult, 2008.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Tween Book Category, 2008.
- Iowa Teen Award, 2009.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2007.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2008.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2008.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2009.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2008.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2005
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2008.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2008.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2008.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2009.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 2008.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2008.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2008.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2008.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2006
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2009.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Intermediate, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- Series volume
- book 1
- Target audience
ContextContext of The lightning thief
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The lightning thief
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/9iwEYmnQRKw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/9iwEYmnQRKw/">The lightning thief</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>