The Resource My sister's keeper : a novel
- My sister's keeper : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Jodi Picoult
- Title variation
- My sisters keeper
- trueDomestic fiction
- trueParent and child
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueDonation of organs, tissues, etc
- trueSuing (Law)
- trueFamily relationships
- Sick children -- Fiction
- Teenage girls -- Fiction
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction
- trueYoung men
- trueThirteen-year-old girls
- trueMainstream fiction
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Organ donors -- Fiction
- truePeople with leukemia
- trueFormer lawyers
- Domestic fiction
- Sisters -- Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueBooks to movies
- Leukemia -- Patients -- Fiction
- Conceived to provide a bone marrow match for her leukemia-stricken sister, teenage Kate begins to question her moral obligations in light of countless medical procedures and decides to fight for the right to make decisions about her own body. New York Times bestselling author Jodi Picoult tells the emotionally riveting story of a family torn apart by conflicting needs and a passionate love that triumphs over human weakness. Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate -- a life and a role that she has never challenged -- until now. When their parents ask her to donate a kidney, Anna has had enough. She enlists the aid of a lawyer and announces her intention to sue for control of her own body. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister -- and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves. My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life, even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Is it worth trying to discover who you really are, if that quest makes you like yourself less? Should you follow your own heart, or let others lead you?
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2006.
- Alex Award, 2005.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2007.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2004.
- Heartland Award, 2006.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2007.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2007.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- WSP readers club
- Target audience
ContextContext of My sister's keeper : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work My sister's keeper : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/F_NpyLuBRNA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/F_NpyLuBRNA/">My sister's keeper : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>