The Resource Between the world and me
- Between the world and me
- Statement of responsibility
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Whites -- United States -- Attitudes
- Race discrimination -- United States
- trueSociety and culture -- Race
- trueRace (Social sciences)
- trueAfrican Americans -- Social conditions
- trueRace relations
- trueUnited States -- Race relations
- trueAfrican Americans -- Identity
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Large type books
- trueAfrican Americans -- Public opinion
- trueLife stories -- Identity | Race and ethnicity
- trueAfrican American men
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- A profound work that pivots from the biggest questions about American history and ideals to the most intimate concerns of a black father for his son, Between the World and Me clearly illuminates the past, bracingly confronts our present, and offers a transcendent vision for a way forward
- At every stage of his life, Coates has sought in his explorations of history answers to the mysteries that surrounded him-- most urgently, why he, and other black people he knew, seemed to live in fear. In this book he takes readers through America's history of race and its contemporary resonances through a series of awakenings-- moments when he discovered some new truth about our long, tangled history of race
- ALA Notable Book, 2016.
- Alex Award, 2016.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2015
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2015
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Nonfiction, 2016.
- Kirkus Prize for Nonfiction, 2015.
- Library Journal Best Books 2015
- National Book Award for Nonfiction, 2015.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2015
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2015.
- Street Lit Book Award Medal: Adult Non-Fiction, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Series statement
- Thorndike Press large print popular and narrative nonfiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Between the world and me
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Between the world and me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/L_SR2IehsfQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/L_SR2IehsfQ/">Between the world and me</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>