The Resource White teeth : a novel
- White teeth : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Zadie Smith
- trueLiterary fiction
- Jamaicans -- England -- Fiction
- truePopular culture -- History -- 20th century
- London (England) -- Fiction
- Psychological fiction
- trueGender role
- trueSocial classes
- Assimilation (Sociology) -- Fiction
- Genetic engineering -- Fiction
- Muslim families -- Fiction
- Male friendship -- Fiction
- Race relations -- Fiction
- trueRace relations
- Immigrants -- Fiction
- Interracial marriage -- Fiction
- trueSatirical fiction
- trueGreat Britain -- Social conditions -- 1945-
- Ethnic relations -- Fiction
- trueInterracial friendship
- true1970s -- 1970 -- 1979
- trueMuslim families
- Fate and fatalism -- Fiction
- Humorous fiction
- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 1945- -- Fiction
- trueLondon, England
- Domestic fiction
- On New Year's morning, 1975, Archie Jones sits in his car on a London road and waits for the exhaust fumes to fill his Cavalier Musketeer station wagon. Archie--working-class, ordinary, a failed marriage under his belt--is calling it quits, the deciding factor being the flip of a 20-pence coin. When the owner of a nearby halal butcher shop (annoyed that Archie's car is blocking his delivery area) comes out and bangs on the window, he gives Archie another chance at life and sets in motion this richly imagined, uproariously funny novel. Set in post-war London, this novel of the racial, political, and social upheaval of the last half-century follows two families--the Joneses and the Iqbals, both outsiders from within the former British empire--as they make their way in modern England
- ALA Notable Book, 2001.
- Betty Trask Award, 2001.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best First Book, 2001.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, South Asia and Europe: Best First Book, 2001.
- Guardian First Book Award, 2000.
- James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction, 2000.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2000.
- Whitbread Book Award for First Novel, 2000.
- Great American Read, 2018.
- Awards note
- Guardian First Book Award, 2000.
- James Tait Black Memorial Prize for fiction, 2000.
- Whitbread Award, 2000.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of White teeth : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work White teeth : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/QFvbWqu0bHY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/QFvbWqu0bHY/">White teeth : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>