The Resource "A problem from hell" : America and the age of genocide
- "A problem from hell" : America and the age of genocide
- Title remainder
- America and the age of genocide
- Statement of responsibility
- Samantha Power
- "From the Armenian Genocide to the ethnic cleansings of Kosovo and Darfur, modern history is haunted by acts of brutal violence. Yet American leaders who vow 'never again' repeatedly fail to stop genocide. Winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award, 'A Problem From Hell' draws upon exclusive interviews with Washington's top policymakers, thousands of once classified documents, and accounts of reporting from the killing fields to show how decent Americans inside and outside government looked away from mass murder. Combining spellbinding history and seasoned political analysis, 'A Problem from Hell' allows readers to hear directly from American decision-makers and dissenters, as well as from victims of genocide, and reveals just what was known and what might have been done while millions perished."--
- J. Anthony Lukas Book Prize, 2003.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Non-Fiction, 2002.
- Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction, 2003.
- Robert F. Kennedy Book Award, 2003.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2002
- Assigning source
- Publisher's description
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of "A problem from hell" : America and the age of genocide
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work "A problem from hell" : America and the age of genocide
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/cK7rEgQxUvc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/cK7rEgQxUvc/">"A problem from hell" : America and the age of genocide</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Arapahoe Library District. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...