The Resource The wild robot
- The wild robot
- Statement of responsibility
- Peter Brown
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction
- trueScience fiction
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- trueElectronic books
- trueIllustrated books
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Islands -- Juvenile fiction
- trueOrphaned animals
- Juvenile Fiction
- Robots -- Juvenile fiction
- When robot Roz opens her eyes for the first time, she discovers that she is alone on a remote, wild island. Why is she there? Where did she come from? And, most important, how will she survive in her harsh surroundings? Roz's only hope is to learn from the island's hostile animal inhabitants. When she tries to care for an orphaned gosling, the other animals finally decide to help, and the island starts to feel like home. Until one day, the robot's mysterious past comes back to haunt her.... Heartwarming and full of action, Peter Brown's middle-grade debut raises thought-provoking questions about the environment, the role technology plays in our world, and what it means to be alive
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 4-6, 2018.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2016
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 4-5, 2017.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2018.
- Surrey Schools' Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2018.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Wild robot series
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The wild robot
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The wild robot
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/dYwYEuoBL4g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/dYwYEuoBL4g/">The wild robot</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>