The Resource Einstein : his life and universe
- Einstein : his life and universe
- Title remainder
- his life and universe
- Statement of responsibility
- Walter Isaacson
- Biography & Autobiography
- trueElectronic books
- trueEinstein, Albert, 1879-1955 -- Friends and associates
- truePhysicists -- Biography
- trueUnified field theories
- trueLife stories -- Science, technology, and medicine | Scientists and inventors
- trueRelativity (Physics)
- trueScience Writing -- Physics
- trueEinstein, Albert, 1879-1955
- By the author of the acclaimed bestsellers Benjamin Franklin and Steve Jobs , this is the definitive biography of Albert Einstein. How did his mind work? What made him a genius? Isaacson's biography shows how his scientific imagination sprang from the rebellious nature of his personality. His fascinating story is a testament to the connection between creativity and freedom. Based on newly released personal letters of Einstein, this book explores how an imaginative, impertinent patent clerk?a struggling father in a difficult marriage who couldn't get a teaching job or a doctorate?became the mind reader of the creator of the cosmos, the locksmith of the mysteries of the atom, and the universe. His success came from questioning conventional wisdom and marveling at mysteries that struck others as mundane. This led him to embrace a morality and politics based on respect for free minds, free spirits, and free individuals. These traits are just as vital for this new century of globalization, in which our success will depend on our creativity, as they were for the beginning of the last century, when Einstein helped usher in the modern age
- ALA Notable Book, 2008.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2007.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- National Academies Communication Award, 2008.
- Quill Book Award for Biography/Memoir, 2007.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Einstein : his life and universe
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Einstein : his life and universe
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/n3JLMTKcQoc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/n3JLMTKcQoc/">Einstein : his life and universe</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>