The Resource What Was Ellis Island?
- What Was Ellis Island?
- Statement of responsibility
- Patricia Brennan Demuth ; illustrated by David Groff
- trueElectronic books
- Symbols, Monuments, National Parks, etc. -- History
- 20th Century -- United States
- trueImmigration and emigration
- trueUnited States -- Immigration and emigration | History
- United States -- People & Places
- trueGovernment and politics -- United States -- Landmarks and monuments
- trueEllis Island Immigration Station, New York
- trueHistory books -- United States -- Immigration
- From 1892 to 1954, Ellis Island was the gateway to a new life in the United States for millions of immigrants. In later years, the island was deserted, the buildings decaying. Ellis Island was not restored until the 1980s, when Americans from all over the country donated more than $150 million. It opened to the public once again in 1990 as a museum. Learn more about America's history, and perhaps even your own, through the story of one of the most popular landmarks in the country
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- What was--?
- Target audience
ContextContext of What Was Ellis Island?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work What Was Ellis Island?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/t33c-3OU-sI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/t33c-3OU-sI/">What Was Ellis Island?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>