The hate u give
The work The hate u give represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Arapahoe Library District. This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/Manuscript, Books.This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The hate u give
The work The hate u give represents a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Arapahoe Library District. This resource is a combination of several types including: Work, Language Material, http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/Manuscript, Books.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- The hate u give
- Statement of responsibility
- Angie Thomas
- Title variation
- Hate you give
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- truePrep schools
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Race relations -- Fiction
- African Americans -- Fiction
- truePublic relations -- Police
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueAfrican American teenage girls
- trueInterracial dating
- Police shootings -- Fiction
- truePolice shootings
- trueFirst person narratives
- Witnesses -- Fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- trueBooks to movies
- Police-community relations -- Fiction
- Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed. Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr. But what Starr does, or does not, say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2017.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2017
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2018.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2017.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2018.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hate u give
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hate u give
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/xMd-x5Yu1uc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/xMd-x5Yu1uc/">The hate u give</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>