The Resource Where is Alcatraz?
- Where is Alcatraz?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Nico Medina ; illustrated by David Groff
- trueCrime and law -- Police and the criminal justice system
- Prisons -- California | Alcatraz Island -- History -- Juvenile literature
- trueUnited States Penitentiary, Alcatraz Island, California
- trueAlcatraz Island, California
- Alcatraz Island (Calif.) -- History -- Juvenile literature
- trueScience -- Engineering | Buildings, structures, and roads
- United States Penitentiary, Alcatraz Island, California -- History -- Juvenile literature
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / 20th Century
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / Symbols, Monuments, National Parks, etc.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local
- truePrisons -- California
- "Escape from the ordinary and break into Alcatraz, America's most famous prison! The island of Alcatraz has always been a place that's fascinated visitors, from the Native American tribes who believed it was home to evil spirits to the Spanish explorers who discovered the island. In modern times, it was a federal prison for only 29 years, but now draws over a million visitors each year. Learn the history of America's most famous prison, from its initial construction as a fort in the 1800s, to its most famous residents such as Al Capone and 'Machine Gun' Kelly. Where Is Alcatraz? also chronicles some of the most exciting escape attempts--even one that involved chipping through stone with spoons and constructing rafts out of raincoats!"--
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Where is...?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Where is Alcatraz?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Where is Alcatraz?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/xRfWZScaWeU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/xRfWZScaWeU/">Where is Alcatraz?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>