The Resource Who Was Galileo?
- Who Was Galileo?
- Statement of responsibility
- Patricia Brennan Demuth ; illustrated by John O'Brien and Nancy Harrison
- Title variation
- Who was Galileo?
- Europe -- People & Places
- trueGalilei, Galileo, 1564-1642
- trueElectronic books
- trueAstronomers -- Italy -- Biography
- trueAstronomy -- History
- trueScience -- Astronomy and space
- Science & Technology -- Biography & Autobiography
- truePhysicists -- Italy -- Biography
- Renaissance -- History
- trueBiographies -- Science and medicine | Scientists and inventors
- Like Michelangelo, Galileo is another Renaissance great known just by his first name--a name that is synonymous with scientific achievement. Born in Pisa, Italy, in the sixteenth century, Galileo contributed to the era's great rebirth of knowledge. He invented a telescope to observe the heavens. From there, not even the sky was the limit! He turned long-held notions about the universe topsy turvy with his support of a sun-centric solar system. Patricia Brennan Demuth offers a sympathetic portrait of a brilliant man who lived in a time when speaking scientific truth to those in power was still a dangerous proposition. From the Trade Paperback edition
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Who was-- ?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who Was Galileo?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who Was Galileo?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/yzmExeZCXR4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/resource/yzmExeZCXR4/">Who Was Galileo?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.arapahoelibraries.org/">Arapahoe Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>